Museum logo
Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Item Accrual
Title Fred Bryant fonds
Collection Fred Bryant fonds
Catalog Number 2005.063
Fonds AM 0105
Level of description Fonds
Scope & Content Accrual consist of 4 framed items that include: 2 framed photographs showing Rosedale Athletic teams: one portrait of a men's baseball team, 1910 [This image already belongs to the Chilliwack Museum & Historical Society, and is catalogued as P4224, donated by Ted Karr on Sept 14, 1984]; and one portrait of the Rosedale Athletic Club senior girls basketball team, 1924-1925 [Framed with the picture is a caption that reads, Rosedale Athletic Club Senior Girls Basketball Team 1924-25 Back. Ida Muir, J.C. Brannick, Thelma Aitken, Amy McKenzie. Front. Frances Cooper. Marion Parton. Phyllis Sampson. A cardboard frame backing included with the donation also lists the names of the group and reads as follows, Back Row Ida Muir Clarke Brannick (Coat & Teacher) Thelma Aitkens (Marc Gouak?) Amie McKenzie (Mrs. C. Brannick {teacher}) First Row Francis Cooper (Mrs. H.Manuel?) Marion Barton (Teacher, Mrs. Sampson) Phyllis Sampson (Mrs.Wilf Muir)]; 1 framed composite of 4 images showing the 50th anniversary of the Rosedale Athletic Club, 1910-1960, Images clockwise from top left: Mr & Mrs. J.E. Buckingham, Group at head table [Listed beneath photograph on original matt are the following names, Dave Karr, Noble Ryder, Adolph Peterson, Mr. & Mrs. Standeven, Mr. & Mrs. W.R. Mercer, D.G. Nevin], Mr. & Mrs. Nazareno, Group at head table [These names are listed below image on original framed matt, O.R. Mauch, Mr. & Mrs. Ray Aitken, Mr. & Mrs. Harold Cameron, Mr. & Mrs. J.E. Buckingham, Mrs. Nazareno, Mrs. A.B. Can Baaren, Mrs. D.G. Bryant, Mrs. O.R. Mauch, Mrs. I. Erickson]; 1 Framed original painting by local artist Ross Bollerup, commissioned by Fred H. Bryant, showing the Rosedale Livery Stable, dated 1985.
Admin/Biographical History Fred H. Bryant was the former President of the Rosedale Athletic Club for 2-3 years, 1985-1986. The Rosedale Athletic Club was formed in 1910, and celebrated their 50th Anniversary in 1960. The Rosedale Athletic Club owned and operated the Rosedale Community Hall until the hall closed ca. 2005.
Archival History Rosedale Athletic Club