|Title||Henderson Family fonds|
|Catalog Number||AM 0173|
|Year Range from||1890|
|Year Range to||1939|
|Level of description||Fonds|
|Scope & Content||
The accession consists of 15 photographs, black and white of the Henderson family and other early Chilliwack citizens.There are a number of group photographs of bands, particularly the Chilliwack Senior Band.
The accession also consists of the Chilliwack Senior Band subgroup including a minute book of the Chilliwack Legion Band (which later became the Chilliwack Senior Band) including constitution, membership lists, accounts (1939-1950), certificates awarded to the Chilliwack Senior Band (1950) and a bill for rental of auditorium (1949).
P1996 9 14 - Group portrait of four honorary members of the Loyal Orange Lodge 1470. Back row, left to right: S.A. Parsons, J.C. Henderson. Front row, sitting, left to right: M. Stevenson, Charles Turner.
|Admin/Biographical History||The Henderson family has a long history in Chilliwack. First arriving on the scene in 1876, brothers Samuel and Arthur took up a large acreage in Rosedale and East Chilliwack. They also operated a store at Chilliwack Landing, Five Corners, and Rosedale. Arthur's eldest child, John Calvin, was an undertaker from 1910-1920. Samuel's eldest child, John Cotter, was the community's first resident physician.|
Chilliwack Senior Band
|Extent of Description||
1 cm of textual records.