Silver metal; adjustable with small vertical holes; lettering on adjuster reads: "BURLINGTON / TRIDON / CANADA" and lettering right of that reads: "SIZE / 32".
Tool chest that belonged to the Ford family. Allan Ford inherited the chest from his uncle, Percy Ford. The tool chest was made by Percy Ford's father and was built at the Ford family farm, circa 1880s. The contents of the chest have been added to over the years and tools associated with the chest when it was first in use are few.
Percy Ford's father was George Edward Ford who resided at Atchelitz since 1884. He and other members of his family came to this area from Ontario and took up land on Lickman Road, that at the time was heavily timbered. Apart from being an active farmer, George Edward Ford was a carpenter and built bridges. From 1917 to 1930 he was employed by Robertson Brothers, a firm of contractors and providers of building supplies.